1. Okereke, V.O., et al (1996). Providing cost-effective Solid Waste Services to an Island Community, In. Proceedings of the Solid Waste Association of America, Northwest Regional Symposium, and Vancouver BC.
2. Okereke, V.O. (2002). Simulation of Landfill Leachate and Gas: Application to Leachate Recirculation and Landfill Gas – to – Energy Projects. IN. Waste Management and the Environment, Cadiz, Spain. WIT Press.
3. Okereke, V.O. (2003). A Landfill gas, Leachate, and Leachate Recirculation Model: Assessing the Economic Feasibility of Landfill gas – to- Energy Projects, J. for Municipal Solid professionals, July/August 2003.
4. Okereke, V.O. (2003). Analysis of Organizational Structure of the Engineering Services Section, King County Solid Waste Division, a White Paper Report.
5. Okereke, V.O. (2004). Solid Waste Management in Nigeria: Challenges and Opportunities. IN. Proceedings of the 19th Annual Northwest Regional Symposium of the Solid Waste Association of America. Everett, Washington.
6. Okereke, V.O. et al (2004). Design Challenges and Approaches for the Horizontal and Vertical Expansion of the Cedar Hills Regional Landfill. IN. Proceedings of the Solid Waste Association of America Landfill Annual Symposium. Monterey, California, USA
7. Okereke, V.O. (2006). Analysis of Carbon Sequestration in the Cedar Hills Regional Landfill. IN. Proceedings of the 21st Annual Pacific Northwest Regional & Canadian Symposium of the Solid Waste Association of America. Richmond, B.C., Canada
8. Okereke, V.O., Talich, C., McEwen, M. (2006). Recovering Airspace from Municipal Solid Waste Landfills: The Cedar Hills Regional Landfill Example. IN. Proceedings of the 21st Annual Pacific Northwest Regional & Canadian Symposium of the Solid Waste Association of America. Richmond, B.C., Canada.
9. Okereke, V.O. (2008). Greenhouse Gas Emission Offsets: Energy Recovery and Carbon Sequestration at the Cedar Hills Regional Landfill. IN. Proceedings of the 2008 American Public Works Association (APWA) Conference, Washington State.
10. Okereke, V.O. (2016). Business Management Process Design: Business Process Reengineering, Solid Waste Division. Internal Consultant Report.
11. Okereke, V.O. (2016). Guidance Paper: Capital Asset Performance Measurement Framework for King County Solid Waste Division, Internal Consultant Report.
12. Okereke, V.O. (2017). A Strategic Approach for Managing Public Sector Solid Waste Utilities. Proceedings 2017 SWANA Northwest Symposium, April 2017
13. Okereke, V.O. (2021). Landfill End-Use Decision Making Framework-Application of Continual Management Processes for Closed Landfill Value Optimization, SWANA Evergreen Chapter Virtual Technical Session, Solid Waste Finance and Decision Management, January 2021
14. Financial Performance Management System, King County SWD, DNRP, WA: 2010 -2012. http://www.mswmanagement.com/may-2010/waste-management-financial.aspx
15. Solid Waste Transfer and Waste Export Plan, King County SWD, DNRP, WA, WA: 2007- 2011. http://www.mswmanagement.com/november-december-2011/management-interest-expense.aspx.
16. Karston, Thomas, (2010). Measuring Up. A practical approach to performance measurement in an Enterprise Fund, adjusting for costs that senior management cannot control. MSW Management, April 2010.
17. Karston, Thomas, (2008). Can You Afford to Recycle? An analysis of the high value of MRF activity at urban transfer stations, and the financial consequences for recycling as it affects the timing of transition from landfills to external rail exporting. MSW Management.
18. Karston, Thomas, (2007). A Practical Solid Waste Rate Development Model, Description of a set of economic and financial models developed to optimize the rate-setting process, and results, for public or private solid waste management organizations in North America, and in virtually any cultural or economic setting, MSW Management July 2007